EBSDN FINALS 0NLINE 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
YOU MUST ENTER AND UPLOAD YOUR 3 VIDEOS AT THE SAME TIME!
OPEN TO ALL WHO PLACED ON OUR ONLINE OR LIVE COMPETITIONS THIS YEAR
- HOW DOES IT WORK
- Put forward your performers higest scoring routines from an EBSDN ONLINE or LIVE COMPETITION.
- We ask for 3 so we can use our scoring system to mark and each adjudicator will have no idea, how the other judges have scored.
- RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED 16TH JANUARY ON OUR FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE -https://www.facebook.com/groups/454513217946102
- YOU AND YOUR PERFORMER WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH THIS EVENT.
- We will be sending you a private link, that you will not be able to share, but can watch with your family and friends in the comfort of your own home.
- VIDEOS ARE DUE IN BY 1st JANUARY.
- You can enter - Solos. Duo/Trios and Troupes. Duos/Trios - your best 3 routines. Dancers - your best 3 routines. Singers - your best 3 routines. Troupes - your best 3 routines.
- Entry cost is $25 for three routines.
- Entries will close 1st Januay and judging will commence 9th January!
HOW DO THE ADJUDICATORS JUDGE IT?
Adjudicators will judge based on technique, adapting to the space and the overall performance.
Adjudicators will take into account that videos and spaces may not be ideal – just have fun!
Please rember with this competition, there is no persoanl feedback.
What we will have is, a general age or troupe group synopsis, from all 3 adjudicators!
POSTAGE AND HANDLING FEE
If you win a prize at EBSDN FINALS Online we will ask that you pay the - $15.00 postage, per award.
We will email you if you have won a prize, and ask you to head to our website and click on Australia post logo, to pay the fee.
POLICIES By registering for this event, you agree with all policies stated below and are held accountable to abiding by all rules set forth within the rules and virtual competition pages of this website. Failure to comply with policies may result in disqualification from events.
WHAT DEVICE CAN I USE?
- NO GOPRO'S OR CAMCORDERS AND NO SPECIAL EDITING PROGRAMS.
- RECORDING MUST BE UNDER 200 MB.
- Please check the size of the recording as we have had 1 minute routines at nearly 400MB.
- Even though there is no size limit to the video the smaller size allows us to download the video then upload the video to the adjudicator quickly.
- We can only upload 1 video at a time with the program we are using and if it takes ½ an hour to upload 1 video we will be there for weeks trying to upload.
- If you video from your smartphone you can usually have a video between 20MB and 100MB.
- You can use your smartphone, camera or a similar device to record on.
- Why not use a tripod to hold the camera still?
- Make sure that your device is on a stationary surface or LOCKED for the performance.
- Please make sure that it is LANDSCAPE, so we can view your routine as if we were watching live on stage.
- This also allows the adjudicator to judge the performer on how well they use their space, engages with the audience and are able to see your technique clearly.
- So it can be, just like the adjudicator would when sitting and watching you from the stage at an event.
- Make sure there is plenty of lighting, especially if shooting indoors.
- Turn off all noise-making devices in the room (air conditioners, fans, telephones, etc.).
- Make sure you record a short test and watch it back.
- If needed, change the record volume or microphone location.
- Make sure the background music is audible on the recording.
- Always allow for two seconds of silence at the beginning and end of your recording.
- Label As Follows. Name: Jon Martin. Age: 14 Under. Studio: Danze Gallery.
- Please remember this is a dance competition not a photography competition.
WHAT IS THE LIME LIMIT AND AGE TAKEN FROM 1st JANUARY 2020
- SOLO TIME LIMIT - 3 minutes.
- TROUPE TIME LIMIT - 5 minutes
- AGE IS TAKEN AS AT DATE OF COMPETITION.
HOW TO YOU ENTER AND UPLOAD??
Enter online, and then once you have filmed, upload to the correct age group at the top of this page.
- ENTRY FEES
- 3 SOLO ROUTINES - $25.00
- 3 DUO/TRIO ROUTINES - $25.00
- 3 TROUPE ROUTINES - $25.00
- Broadway Jazz
- Hip Hop
- Fast Tap
- Slow Tap
- Waltz Tap
- Song and Dance
- Musical Theatre
- Disney or Pixar
- 4 Under
- 6 Under
- 8 Under
- 10 Under
- 12 Under
- 14 Under
- 16 Under
- Open Age
- By entering EBSDN you agree to adhere to the rules, code of conduct and terms and conditions of the ONLINE competition.
- EBSDN is not responsible for any injuries occurring during the taping of submitted routine videos
- The Adjudicator's decision is final and correspondance with the adjudicator is strictly prohibited.
- The committee reserves the right to disqualify any person from the competition.
- The committee reserves the right to divide, delete or combine if necessary.
- Send video links to the above link on this page, please label them correctly!
- Performers, perform at their own risk.
- Please make sure the space you are performing in is free from hazards.
- Please make sure you have at least 2 meters clear space around you.
- Make sure the floor is clear of any objects or spills, and the surface is safe.
- Please wear appropriate dance shoes.
- Be mindful of the sudden appearance of pets and family members.
- If you are performing outside, make sure you have a flat area and there are no hidden holes etc.
- Performers age shall be taken as at the first day of competition.
- Entrants must be of age stated.
- All entries must not exceed 3 minutes for all solos.
- This competition is for amateurs and family fun sections.
- By entering our competition you are giving permission to be used -
- Advertising material, including but not limited to, social media, online and print.
- All entries must be done legally and honestly and hereby release all directors, officers or representatives from any claims for damages or injuries sustained while participating in any activity related to this competition.
- By entering EBSDN you agree that all rules are final.
- Everybody Sing and Dance Now reserves the right to change the rules at any time without notice.